: Rent paid by individual tenants is based on income less medical expenses and an “elderly allowance.” Occupancy for prospective tenants who do not qualify for Section 8 assistance is permitted at “market rent” rates set by HUD.
: 20 units, garden style. Independent living residences offering affordability, safety, comfort, and friendship.
- Operated under a HUD Section 8 rental assistance program providing reduced rent for low or moderate income residents.
- Rent is based on income less medical expenses and rent-free apartments are a possibility.
- All utilities except phone and cable TV are paid.
- Smoke alarms in all apartments.
- Emergency call systems in each apartment.
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning.
- Laundry facilities on site
- Indoor mailboxes
- Stoves, refrigerators, and garbage disposals provided
- Meal delivery and transportation available from the Senior Center Friendship
- Scheduled social activities such as potluck dinners, ice cream socials, bingo, movies and barbeques.
- Community room to accommodate parties, family gatherings, and fellowship
- Pleasant, landscaped outdoor areas for relaxing with friends